- Do you like outdoor activities?
- Do you like the nature and walking?
- Do you want to be healthy, fit, build a beautiful body, reduce stress and meet your soul-mates?
We have prepared special routes for you using the walking sticks – Nordic Walking
We have created 4 different Nordic walking routes around the Stratená village. They are 4 to 12.6 km long. All the walking routes start and end up in the Stratená village. On their way, you pass by the Stratenský Canyon, Stratenská píla, Malé and Veľké Zajfy, Dedinky village and Geravy. All the route maps and their profiles can be found in the following link:
- Stratená – Stratenský kaňon – Stratená
- Stratená – Veľké a Malé Zajfy – Stratená
- Stratená – Malé Zajfy – Stratená
- Stratená – Dedinky – Geravy – Stratená
The Nordic Walking routes project was carried out with the support of the Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic.
Nordic walking benefits for a human body
By practising Nordic Walking you activate 650 different muscles (90%) in your body, the walking improves body holding, relieves back and joints pain.
A regular practising is good for:
- cardiovascular diseases
- human musculoskeletal system diseases
- rehabilitation of postoperative situation of the human musculoskeletal system
- neurological disease (Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease)
- breast cancer – post-operative recovery (lymphedema)
- treatment of diabetes type 2
- prevention of osteoporosis and arthritis
- a lymphatic system
- higher cholesterol
- reduced immunity
- treatment of asthma and allergies
- depression treatment
- reducing learning difficulties